Manitoba Agriculture released their crop pest report for this week, the following are some of the biggest concerns for area producers:
- Thistle Caterpillar has become noticeable in some soybean fields
- Green clover worm in some pulse fields
- Some hotspots of grasshoppers have been reported
- Another field of waterhemp has been identified (in the RM of Rhineland)
- A few new diseases have been observed on peas in some fields
- Diamondback moth larvae at high levels parts of southeastern Manitoba
The highest trap counts of bertha armyworm are in the Glenboro (461) Ste. Rose (321) and Minota (318) areas.
However, the risk is still below the moderate range.
Click here to access the latest crop pest report from Manitoba Agriculture.