Brandon, MB (CKLQ) - Prairie Mountain Health is calling on volunteer help to help low-income individuals with their taxes.
Volunteers are needed throughout Westman, including here in Brandon.
Volunteers must meet the following criteria to be eligible to volunteer with the program:
- Have basic tax knowledge
- Experience completing simple tax returns
- Familiar with and comfortable using computerized tax software (UFile)
- Able to commit a few hours per week during March and April completing tax returns
- In good standing with CRA for personal taxes
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must be a Canadian resident
- Must have a valid SIN
- Have a few hours a week during March and April
- Access to a secure computer (or willing to complete tax returns electronically at 7th Street Health Access Centre).
- Willing to complete a criminal record check.
To volunteer contact Brett Turner at 204-578-4812 or BTurner2@pmh-mb.ca, or Kristal McKinney at 204-578-4806 or firstname.lastname@example.org.